Suitable for beginners with very little to some bread-baking experience, Part 1 of the series introduces lean breads including baguettes and white sourdough.
The primary objectives of Part 1 include:
- understanding the fundamentals of fermentation, both via wild yeast and commercial yeast, and the ways in which the baker controls fermentation
- understanding the benefits of delayed fermentation and minimal use of yeast
- understanding the fundamentals of wheat-based baking, including flour fundamentals and gluten structure and manipulation
- basic technique development in all stages of baking, including mixing, dividing, shaping, scoring, and baking
- gaining an appreciation for the craft of artisan bread baking, and to spark and further your desire to hone your baking skills
Part 1 of the Workshop Series puts a heavy focus on discussion of baking theory, with complimentary opportunities for hands-on practice each step of the way.
Your registration for the Workshop includes:
- 4 hours of in-depth discussion and hands-on baking
- complimentary tea and coffee
- loaves of bread that you baked yourself!
- bread-tasting and analysis with accompaniments
- recipes to take with you
Workshop minimum is 3 people, maximum is 6.
Cost: $120/person + HST (payable upon registration, via interact e-transfer)
To register please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org